Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Mail call

Today I was at my school's Chinese class, and someone came in and handed me an envelope that had arrived for me. I was delighted, and intrigued! There was no return address, but the stamps were from Hong Kong. (And had birds on them.) Inside were a few random maps of other parts of China, an informative pamphlet about Yangshuo's only REAL water cave, and (used?) tickets to a palace in our city. There was no note. I don't know who sent this to me, and I don't know why.

For the record, if you want to send me care packages, I would be excited to receive:
-American deodorant
-ladies' razor blades
-sunscreen without whitening pigment
-my favorite face wash
-a freaking Mandarin phrasebook and dictionary (why I didn't bring these, I have no clue)
-an actual note telling me who sent it

1 comment:

Rachel said...

yo send me your address I will send you something! Or I will think about sending you something.