Monday, September 29, 2008

Yaycation

I'm not going to post at all for the next few days because I'm going on vacation! China is 7 times more awesome than then US because instead of getting one day off for their nation's birthday, they get a whole week. This means I got two weekends free from little kids crying, sneezing on me, and not speaking English, and one week free from adults doing the same (ha, just kidding, they speak English in class). Dan and I just got our residence permits finalized so one thing we're hoping to do is go to Macao or Hong Kong, now that we can leave the country and get back in.

But before that, we're taking a three day trip to a beautiful tropical island! We leave in a couple of hours to take a 2 hour ferry to Wanshan Island. It's out in the ocean and you can go swimming from the beach (something you definitely can't do in the Pearl River Delta). According to the travel agent, we can also eat anything we can catch from the ocean, for free. I'll let you all know how that goes.

No comments: